While classrooms of Waldorf schools the world over will look nearly identical to one another, each school’s administration and governance model is unique. At Marin Waldorf School we have two main governing bodies: the Board of Trustees and the College of Teachers. We also espouse a dual-administration team with a Faculty Administrator and a Business Administrator.
The Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of the Marin Waldorf School that holds the legal and fiscal oversight for our school. Our Trustees are a group of up to fourteen voting members who are parents, teachers, and outside community members all dedicated to the mission and values of Marin Waldorf School. Board members contribute a considerable amount of time, resources, energy, and expertise toward the health and future development of our school.
Full Board of Trustees 2013-2014
- Andy Rader, Outside Board Member and Former MWS Parent
- Carol Adee, Faculty Board Member
- Chris Samway, Parent Trustee
- Christine Margetic, Social Inclusion
- Guido Quaroni, Parent Trustee and Enrollment Chair
- Jane Kroesche, Parent Trustee
- Kathy Darcy, Faculty Trustee and Chair of the College of Teachers
- Laura Eberhard, Parent Trustee, Parent Association Representative and Secretary
- Manette Teitelbaum, Faculty Trustee
- Michael Payesko, Parent Trustee
- Nancy Dow-Moody, Outside Board Member and Former MWS Parent
- Shane Valentine, Parent Trustee and Development Chair
- Susan Hurst, Parent Trustee and Board Vice Chair
- Tara Smith, Parent Trustee, MWS Alumni Parent & Board Chair
- Zsolt Jackovics, Parent Trustee and Finance Committee Chair
- Tim Daulter, Business Administrator (ex-officio member)
- Rebecca Cotter, Faculty Administrator (ex-officio member)
College of Teachers
The College of Teachers, together with the faculty, sets and carries out important policy directions affecting the school’s educational programs, academic standards, and curriculum development. The College of Teachers ensures that the impulse and intention of Waldorf education is present in every aspect of the curriculum, grounds, and the festival life at Marin Waldorf School.
Marin Waldorf School's administration is led by the Faculty and Business Administrators. Parents should contact the Faculty Administrator for any questions about the curriculum or teaching matters, and the Business Administrator for all questions about financial and administrative operations of the school. The two administrators work closely with the Board of Trustees and the College of Teachers.